SERVPRO can handle your school's mold problem
SERVPRO of Chicago Heights / Crete / Beecher's Disaster Recovery Team is ready and equipped to help with many different disasters, including clean ups due to microbial growth in schools. Microbial growth is a concern for all of us but select populations of people are more vulnerable to be affected. When children are concerned we do not feel there is a limit to precautions and safety measures to be taken. We are able to help local schools who have microbial growth in their buildings safely and correctly mediate the problem. We work after hours and over weekends to limit exposure to any dust or particulates as well as comply with third party testing to certify that work was done correctly and completely. If you suspect there is microbial growth present call us to speak about mold solutions.
Many School Districts, School Board members and Superintendents trust the SERVPRO brand to do the job right and on budget.
Mold in your Hazel Crest Home
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (708) 672-0077
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Chicago Heights / Crete / Beecher is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
Has your business or home sustained a water damage?
Not what you want to see in your home or business.
This time of year storms can pop up with little notice and often be severe in nature, causing wide spread power outages, localized flooding, and heavy wind damage. Often times sump pumps can become overwhelmed or fail due to overuse, causing basement flooding or other parts of your structure to be inundated with water of sewage backup. Being prepared ahead of time can mean the difference between a minor inconvenience or thousands of dollars in mitigation, restoration, and repairs.
Having your sump pump inspected by a licensed professional, installing a battery back up system, a portable generator, moisture detection systems and check valves can also play a major role in the survivability of your commercial structure or home.
Even with some of those precautions being taken, disaster can still strike. That is when having a response team already in mind comes into play. Whether already having someone programmed into your phone or having a qualified SERVPRO Representative complete a Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) in advance, these can be the most important steps you take.
Don't just let anyone help you on your next mitigation and restoration disaster, call the best, call SERVPRO of Kankakee County. With our wide service area and trained and certified teams, we will make it "Like it never even happened."
#waterdamage #sewerdamage #flood #boardup #firedamage #smokedamage #sootdamage #biocleanup #mold
Water Damage to your Steger home
Water extraction is an evolved science that encompasses a professional assessment of the water damage and the creation of a plan of action for recovery. The professionals in this industry are Certified Water Damage Restoration Technicians (WRT) or Certified Mold Technicians (CMT). They utilize established equations and properties of materials, psychrometry (the study of gas-vapor mixtures), an understanding of mold and microbial activity, and water restoration equipment technology to determine the set of industry accepted mitigation protocols to use.
The use of equations, properties of materials, and psychometrics is needed because water behaves differently depending on its state (liquid, gas, or solid), temperature, the type of material it has penetrated (wood, dry wall, ceramic, concrete, cloth, etc.), and the environmental conditions (relative humidity & temperature). Once all of these parameters are known, calculations are made to determine the most efficient extraction rate possible without causing additional damage.
Mold and microbial growth is possible in the presence of water so it’s vital that the offending water be extracted as soon as possible. Although everyone has seen mold in the past, in many cases mold is not visible. Determining the presence of non-visible mold requires a Certified Mold Technician to take swab samples of the affected material and send the samples to a certified lab for analysis.
There is a wide range of water restoration equipment available to perform water extraction. Suffice to say that it is important to have the right equipment selected for the particular water restoration job at hand.
Keep your Beecher church safe from fire.
he fire services recommend this checklist to assist your small business in preventing damage that could be caused by fire:
- Avoid storing or stockpiling flammable materials such as packaging materials or waste where they could be accessed by the public, including areas immediately outside your business premises.
- Make sure all machinery is serviced as recommended by manufacturers and is kept clean. If possible, switch machinery off when the business is unattended.
- Secure all doors, windows or other access points when the business is unattended, and make sure your business has adequate lighting to deter trespassers.
- Ensure your business has an adequately serviced and functional fire alarm system that is suitable to your small business eg: Remote serviced alarm systems, sprinkler systems, thermal or smoke alarms etc.
- If your business stores dangerous goods, ensure their storage and use adheres to legislative requirements.
- Make sure your business has a written and practiced fire escape plan that includes full staff lists and designated meeting points.
How to handle fire damage in Monee
How to Handle Fire Damage
Fire damage in Monee can be a difficult situation to tackle. Fires can ravage not only you economically, but also destroy or severely damage, objects, and things of significant sentimental value. It can be tempting to attempt restoration and repair procedures yourself, in order to preserve what is left, but doing so can be a dangerous task. Fires can severely damage structures themselves, and fill the air with toxins ranging from smoke residue to burnt chemicals. Strict safety measures must be observed, and although they can be difficult to follow for the average person, SERVPRO is able to incorporate and work with these precautions.
Typically, trained and experienced eyes can also help to salvage more from a fire, even though you're most familiar with its contents and losses. SERVPRO has been handling fire damage in Crete for years and will be able to give more accurate advice about the cleanup process. Additionally, complex safety checks such as chemical and structural hazard checks are performed by SERVPRO, and we will be able to adapt to complex situations and problems as needed. Typically, a residential or commercial fire will involve multiple situations.
Fire damage restoration companies, like SERVPRO, are also able to work with homeowners' insurance providers and perform repairs in accordance with insurance contracts. When significant repairs are conducted by an untrained individual or group, regardless of whether or not they are the owners, many insurance policies are rendered null. So, hiring a fire damage restoration service may also be the best decision from a financial standpoint as well. However, any insurance provider should be contacted and informed before hiring any company for cleanup, as their policies and specifications will typically vary significantly depending on the company and plan.
If you've had significant fire damage recently to your home or business, do not hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Chicago Heights / Crete / Beecher at (708) 672-0077.
SERVPRO can help in Crete with your water damage
Water Damage Restoration Tips For Your House After A Flood
A few years back, homes, business properties and personal items devastated by flood water were considered lost. With innovations in technology, however, the losses due to flood damage can now be restored to their former state. The process is not easy though for it requires extensive mopping up and drying of the property after severe water damage.
Flood water in home or business can damage your walls, floors, carpets and other personal belongings too. Extracting the water is impossible without proper equipment while sun drying does not guarantee your assets’ restoration to their former state before the incident. There is also an additional risk that the water in home might have damaged electrical equipment or wires. Anyone tampering with either could be in for a horrible electrocution during the water cleanup and restoration.
For these reasons, water cleanup and restoration is best handled by professionals. They have the requisite experience, state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to do the job properly and offer mitigation against further damage. If the renovation job requires extensive work, promptness in beginning the works is paramount. The less the time-frame between flood damage and refurbishment, the greater the ease of reinstating a property or item to its preloss state. There are four fundamental steps to follow with any renovation job after water damage:
1. Removal of the flood water
The first important step to restoring a property after damaging from water in home or business premise is removing the stagnant water. Often, a submersible pump is used to remove the water accumulation in various structures around the premises. The pump is highly efficient at its job and makes drying of entire submerged sections easier. As a result, it helps in mitigation by preventing further flood damage in the premises.
2. Moisture Mapping
It is crucial to get an idea of the extent of water damage and take the first mitigation steps against mold growth. The step uses detection equipment to obtain and appropriately map the moisture values on the property. Properly trained technicians use infrared and digital imaging to determine the damage extent.
3. Mold Inspection and Removal
After moisture mapping, the house will need to be prepared to repel mold and mildew. Any residual stagnant water in business or homestead leads to a favorable habitat for the fungi to thrive thus mitigation against it is essential. Water cleanup professionals make use of special detergents to sterilize the area and make the surroundings unfavorable for mold growth. Some renovation firms take advantage of deodorization and ventilation during this step to remove any airborne contaminants and lingering, unpleasant odors.
4. Water Drying
This last step ensures the property is completely dry and humidity is brought back to its normal state after flood damage. There are various water drying techniques and the one used will depend on the situation’s severity. These techniques include:
• Air Movers – They help dry the establishment by controlling humidity and promoting air circulation. Working in sections, the air movers remove liquids from all porous materials including carpets and wood. Any remaining water in home or business premises is left for more sophisticated machines.
• Dehumidifiers – dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air and help extract any remaining water in business or home environment. Broadly, professionals use either desiccant or refrigerant dehumidifier. Desiccant dehumidifiers use raw materials that naturally absorb moisture from the environment. Conversely, refrigerant dehumidifiers operate by cooling the air to make it reduce its ability to retain water. As a result, condensation occurs around the equipment’s cooling coils. Applying these machines on a large scale promptly extracts excess humidity from the air leaving no more water in business or household and thus no further water damage. The particular type of equipment, however, depends on the hired company and the how extensive the restoration job is.
With the right professionals, a successful water cleanup is possible, and any damage from water in business or home establishment can be fixed. Each job, however, is unique and requires prompt, proper investigation. This helps come up with a plan based on the steps above to restore the property after water damage. Visit http://www.SERVPROmattesonhomewood.com for more information on water damage
Water Damage tips for Monee
What you can do until help arrives
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (708) 672-0077
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Forecasted Heavy Storms
Forecasted Heavy Storms
Is your family prepared for when your basement floods, sump pump fails, sewer backs up, or the need for board up or tarp off services after today's projected severe storms? Today's forecast is calling for an unstable weather pattern which could lead to the potential of any of the previously listed claims. Whether it's you commercial business or you families residential home, make sure you call The Best to help mitagate your restoration claim. We already service many of the following areas.... Peotone, Monee, Green Garden, Matteson, Frankfort, New Lenox, Tinley Park, Park Forest, University Park, Steger, Chicago Heights, Crete, Sauk Village, Lynwood, Lansing, South Holland, Calumet City, Dolton, Dyer, Higgland, Schereville, Beecher and many, many more. Call us today to help mitagate your disaster. 708-672-0077
Commercial Building Water Damages in Chicago Heights and Lansing
Drying Equipment (Air Movers and Dehumidifiers) set in a flooded basement
Water Damage affects not only the building but also the intangibles of your Chicago Heights and Lansing business. When you cannot be open to provide services or products for your customers and community for even a few days the harm done to your brand can be permanent. Our professional crews work quickly and offer restoration plans that frequently permit your business to remain open during our efforts. Business Interruption should be avoided at all times.
Deterioration of building materials and fixtures follows months of hidden commercial water damage in your Chicago Heights building. The attraction you had to the ornate structure lessens when you realize ancient plumbing leaks warp beautiful hardwood floors and covered ceilings. Closing to attend to these challenges threatens to encourage your customers to look elsewhere for the unique decor items you carry. We have strategies to restore the damage done without closing your doors.
The SERVPRO project manager assigned to your business works with you to find the source of the water incursion and to devise a plan that permits part of your operation to remain open while our crews dry out wet areas. A retail enterprise that closes because of a disaster has only a 50 percent chance of reopening.
Our team of trained technicians uses powerful extractors in the areas where water collected, and air movers and dehumidifiers to continue the moisture reduction. We swiftly erect temporary barriers shielding the work area and rely on our top of the line equipment to dry the area fast. Using only certified and experienced workers speeds the tasks without any loss of quality.
You also desire the special ambiance of your historic location to remain even after significant recovery efforts complete. SERVPRO has a restoration mindset, not a demolition and replace or remodeling tendency. We strive to understand what is special about your space, and use our skills and care to ensure post-water damage your space looks and feels “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Chicago Heights-Crete-Beecher is ready to exceed your expectations when it comes to restoring water damage in your eclectic home furnishing store. Call (708) 672-0077 for a consultation with one of our estimators.