Renters Insurance in Park Forest
We see disasters everyday... and one of the saddest things is when people don't have rental insurance and loose everything. If you have questions about rental insurance you should speak to an agent for more information.
- The landlord's insurance covers your possessions. Don't count on it. Most landlords' insurance covers only the building and damages due to negligence.
- Renters insurance is expensive. In this case, the numbers speak for themselves. The average renters policy costs just $12 a month for up to $30,000 in personal property coverage. That's solid coverage for less than the cost of a couple of cups of coffee a week.
- Still concerned about price? Your insurer will work with you to find the combination of coverage and costs that suits your needs. You might even qualify for a discount by taking some simple home safety precautions or purchasing another policy, such as auto insurance, with the same insurer.
- You don't need insurance if your stuff isn't expensive. Most renters' belongings cost more than they think.
- Think that number is too high? Take a moment to add up the approximate cost of your computer, television, stereo, furniture, jewelry, and clothing. If a fire gutted your apartment tomorrow, would you have the cash to replace it all?
- Renters insurance covers only your possessions. In fact, renters insurance covers much more than just your personal property: The average policy also includes up to $100,000 in liability coverage. That means in the event of a covered loss your insurer will help cover the costs if you're held responsible for injuring another person or damaging another person's property, including your landlord's.
- Renters insurance is hard to get. You can research providers, compare quotes, and even find an agent online